Mr. Adams has more than 45 years of experience in the acoustical consulting field. He founded D. L. Adams Associates in 1979. Under his leadership, DLAA has become the pre-eminent Acoustical consulting organization in the United States, with over 7,500 projects on six continents to its credit.
As President of the firm, and an acoustician, David Adams has full responsibility in all areas of acoustical and theatre consulting and design. Includes the acoustical design of rooms, sound isolation design, mechanical system noise, and vibration control engineering, environmental noise assessment and abatement, performance rigging and lighting systems design, orchestra shell design, stage machinery, and equipment design, and field measurements and testing.
Mr. Adams’ experience includes the designs for amphitheaters, theatres, concert halls, black box theatres, performing arts centers, arenas, conference centers, airports, and multiple public and private spaces.
- Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities Amphitheatre Arvada, CO
- Breckenridge Airport Environmental Noise Assessment Breckenridge, CO
- Broadmoor Hotel Exhibit Hall Colorado Springs, CO
- Colorado Rifle Range Adams County, CO
- Denver Police Indoor Pistol Range Denver, CO
- Harbor Court (Condos, Hotel and Office Tower) Honolulu, HI
- HECO Archer 38kV Substation Honolulu, HI
- Joseph Schlitz Brewing Company Van Nuys, CA
- Keelung Social Education Center Keelung, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Keystone Conference Center Keystone, CO
- Naval Hospital Co-Generation Plant Agana, Guam
- Pagosa Lakes Shooting Range Pagosa Springs, CO
- Peabody Auditorium Renovation Daytona Beach, FL
- Pearl City Cultural Center Oahu, HI
- Port Allen Airport Noise Measurements Port Allen, Kauai, HI
- Public Service Company of Colorado (Petitioner) to Public Utilities Commission
- Stapleton Noise Insulation Program (SNIP) Denver, CO
- Taiwan Symphony Orchestra Hall Wehfung, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- S. Coast Guard Relocation (Barbers Point to Honolulu International Airport) Environmental Noise Assessment Honolulu, HI
- M.S., in Electrical Engineering, Wichita State University Wichita, KS
- B.S., in Electrical Engineering, University of Kansas
- Lawrence, KS
- Post Graduate Studies in Neurology and Neuroanatomy Institute of Logopedics,
- Wichita, KS
REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER
- Acoustical Society of America (ASA) – Fellow
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Audio Engineering Society (AES)
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering (INCE)
- National Council of Acoustical Consultants (NCAC) President (1990-1992)
- United States Institute for Theatre Technology (USITT)