THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. D. L. Adams Associates, Inc. (DLAA) is looking to hire a theatre systems consultant/designer. The position is a full-time salaried position in our Denver, Colorado office and is available for an immediate start. The ideal candidate will have 2 to 5 years of theatre systems consulting and design experience. You will report directly to the Principals and will work closely with other DLAA staff on all projects.
As a theatre consultant, you will be directly responsible for design, documentation, and coordination for theatrical systems for new construction and renovation projects. Project management responsibilities will be expected. Additional responsibilities will include attending design meetings and work sessions, as well as conference/online calls, with Architects and Theatre Owners and representatives to present, coordinate, and discuss DLAA theatre systems designs.
Since 1979 D.L. Adams Associates has provided acoustic, theatre design, and audio video consulting to the design and construction industry. We provide world class theatre systems design and consulting for projects ranging from high school theaters to community theatres and professional performance spaces. DLAA has successfully completed theatre projects throughout the Rocky Mountain region and as far as Chile, South Korea, Guam, Palau, and Japan.
DLAA Theatre Consultants know that an integrated design approach that includes acoustics, performance lighting, and rigging working hand in hand with operational needs and functions are the cornerstones to the success of any theatrical venue. Whether it is a performing arts complex, theatre, concert hall, or auditorium, technology needs to work within the experiential intent of the venue, working with the architectural structure and finishes to create a multi-sensory experience.
Theatre Design Services that a successful candidate will participate in and lead are:
· Strategic Planning Master Planning and Design
· Programming and Conceptual Design
· Theatre and Concert Hall Planning and Design
· Auditorium Design
· Seating Systems Layout and Design
· Theatrical Rigging and Drapery Systems Design
· Performance Lighting Design
· Theatrical Catwalks and Tormentor Position Layouts and Design
· Cost Estimating and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
· Theatre Assessments
Typical Duties and Responsibilities are:
· Manage projects from proposal and concept design through construction administration
· Consulting and design of theatre systems for new construction and renovation projects
· Assessment of existing theatres and theatre systems
· Attend meetings
· Production of construction documents and specifications
· Review of contractor shop drawing submittals
· Respond to request for information (RFIs) from contractors
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities are:
· 2-5 years of theatrical consulting or equivalent experience
· Strong analytical abilities and proficient technical writing skills
· Good understanding of architecture and theatrical systems
· Comfortable and confident in meetings
· Theatre technical or performance experience
· Good understanding of architectural project workflows (SD, DD, and CD phases) and project management
· Strong teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
· The ability to multi‐task and prioritize
· A willingness to learn
At DLAA we value our people and are committed to providing a dynamic culture, competitive salaries, exceptional work environment, and great benefits including health insurance, 401(k) match, and generous paid time off. We look forward with talking with you about this exciting opportunity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive based on qualifications and experience
We are currently working remotely.
Apply with cover letter and resume here